My magic castle

My magic castle

Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Magic of Thankfulness

It's popular now to refer to the 'gratitude attitude'. I like that. But somehow I like the term 'thankfulness' better. I was going over my day and I realized I was full of joy and full of thanks for many good things that happened today. A dear friend shared some of his creative ideas with me. The sun has been melting off ice and snow. The skies were blue. The huge fir tree in the back yard had the squirrels dancing around in the branches the way they like to do. I made progress on my current most important creative project. I had some blank spots about what I planned to write but when I put pen to paper the problems went away and the story flowed out. I experienced thankfulness, perhaps it was a spiritual experience, in thinking about my day. Letting that wash over me gave me energy that I will use to face some of the less joyful tasks or chores I need to do. I took an experience, or cluster of experiences, and used them as a spark of magic that will help me improve my life. I invite you to do the same. If today wasn't outstandingly wonderful, think of one that was, or create the idea of one. Then use that experience for life energy. Be thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment