My magic castle

My magic castle

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A Breath of Fresh Air

I've read articles about the way prisons in India, Arizona and other places are cutting down the rate of prisoners returning to prison, once they have been released, by teaching them a mind freeing type of yoga that mostly involves deep breathing.
It seems that citizens of the day to day world can benefit from this, free themselves from the prison of their own mistaken thoughts, by bothering to take a breath of fresh air. I went to a conference in the Colorado Rockies over a year ago where we experienced instruction in this and it was marvelous. Especially to me as it was several thousand feet higher than I thought I could be at and be free of altitude sickness. I had gone to a writer's conference the year before and suffered altitude sickness that interfered with my ability to listen and get to meetings for several days. But this conference, that started out with the breathing exercises, was enjoyable and beneficial for me the whole time.
The lesson from this is that there are many hidden sparks, ways to hook into magic, the good things in life. Learn to find them and use them. Magic abounds. Take a good deep breath then release all that needs to be released. Be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment