My magic castle

My magic castle

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Magic Talismans

A talisman is an object that has a lot of extra meanings and feelings connected to it. There are things like that in every one's life if they stop and let themselves realize it. If you are feeling down, or just failing to feel the zing that you deserve this time of year, think about a few of your favorite things, and see if that doesn't give a lift to your spirits. Don't rush, just peacefully think about things you enjoy or cherish. They may be things you can't touch with your hands right now, but they are there in you world. Let them bring you the love from the universe you deserve.
These are some of my favorite things. The outside door from my study has a window and I often get to enjoy the sunrise. My daughters like to make home-made cards to send to people, still. The way the household pet makes sure every body in the house gets his attention, even though he has his main person. The color of the sky on a sunny winter day. Kaleidoscopes. All fruits and vegetables, to eat and look at. The music from stringed instruments, including harpsichords and clavichords. Jane Austen books made into movies on PBS. That if you smile you feel better, just because you smiled. Ice water with lemon squeezed into it.
Now it's you turn. I'm still making my list. Make your as long as you need until you truly feel loved. Give yourself that spark of magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment