My magic castle

My magic castle

Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Magic of the Deep

Getting to know yourself, another person, a pet or a discipline can be one of the most enlivening and wonderful things in the world. There is a baby in my life that I really love. When he looks at me and I know he recognizes me it is truly a delightful experience. It is the same with a few friends and even the funny dog that lives with me. If you find yourself heading toward ennui grab onto the energy given off by the spark of magic and get to know someone or something deeply. Getting into this relationship will be full of surprises, challenges and delights. As long as you avoid preconceived notions about how things "should" be you will be in for a great adventure.
The dangerous thing you must avoid is the use of labels. Husband, boyfriend, son, can all be very good ways of referring to a person. But if these labels obscure the discovery of the person's individuality they mar the relationship. May you find many ways to enjoy the joy of deep discovery. It will truly bring magic into your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment