My magic castle

My magic castle

Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Magic of Gratitude

I saw a program on PBS that said a good antidote for depression was to daily note three things for which you were grateful. It's hard to hold it down to just three things once you get into it. Today I'm going to a birthday party. I will be celebrating so much more than a celebration of this friend being alive, but the years of goodness she has brought to my life and to others. When I stop to think of all or even some of the things for which I am grateful I find it easy to believe in magic. There are so many things that seem to be way beyond the ordinary. This gives me an incentive to reach out for the spark to make my own life better. Today I think I will learn from my friend. She has a way about making people glad to be around her. If I can learn some of that skill my life will be more magical. I suggest you try the same thing. Find something that gives you joy, then see if you can find a way to give that joy to others. That will be a spark of magic that will help make your life a little better than it was before. May you be gifted with gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment