My magic castle

My magic castle

Friday, May 7, 2010

The Magic Of Essence

We hear a lot about following our dream, of being what we want to be when we grow up and so forth. I don't think we hear enough about how to do that. Of course our society encourages education, even helping us gain it. But the deep expression of who we are that will fulfill us can remain a mystery. However I do believe that this mystery has a solution. First, however, we do have to go to the trouble to really open up to the dream. Let yourself visualize and feel what life would be like if you were living that dream. If you were a fireman; with the heat and smoke and weight of the hoses, as well as the camaraderie of the fire house and the joy of saving life or property. Or a dancer with the strains and tiredness as well as the fluid movement to the music. When you know the dream well you can boil it down to the essence of what you most want. Do you want to be a rock star in order to stand on a stage or in order to share your love of music with others? Would being a mother only involve birth or would it mean surrounding yourself with growing happy children? What is the essential part of yourself that wants to be shared with the world? Once you know the essence of the dream I believe that you can grab onto the spark of magic to give you ideas about ways to live the dream. I know that I would like to publish widely. But anytime I find a way to help others realize they are special gems of creation, that their individuality is wonderful and unique, I am living my dream. May the spark be with you that you find a way to live your own dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment