My magic castle

My magic castle

Monday, May 17, 2010

The Magic Of Getting Out Of Your Head

Yesterday a dear young friend was telling me about her reasons for journaling. Seems that at times she has a lot of chatter going on in her head as she tries to come up with solutions to life problems. She told me "when I figure something out then I write it down to get it out of my head and into my mind." I was so impressed with her insight I requested permission to share it. To live a mindful life is an art that more people aspire to than are able to achieve. I was impressed with the way this young girl knew how thoughts can rattle around in mindless circles in one's head, becoming less and less valid as thinking tools. But to get them into the realm of wisdom, into the mind was something that could be done. It is marvelous the way the human mind can work, when people will master and develop thinking skills. Instead of stopping with saying to yourself,"what burdens must I deal with today?" why not go on and ask "what joys or adventures can I have today?". The mindset of joy versus burdens would change the direction of you life. Asking questions is another good way to get 'out of your head'. When a question is asked the thinker is less lost in their lonely dungeon of fear and weakness because the question suggests there is another consciousness out there that cares about the answer. So reach out for that spark of magic that will pull you out of mindless circles in your head and have some joy and satisfaction. May the spark be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment