My magic castle

My magic castle

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Magic Of Re-commitment

Recently my self-imposed deadlines, my hopes, wishes, dreams, ideas, and problems all rolled up into a big bristly anxiety broom and my future expectations were totally swept away, the forward path was totally clean. I breathed a big sigh of relief. I didn't have to write any more plays, blogs, stories or novels or do anything else. In that wonderful clean room I asked myself what I liked, what I loved and what I wanted to do. The answer came in a visual mode as well as in a still small voice. I love the imaginative world I have created. I love the other worlds I will create. The gyrfalcon Chak who masquerades as a dragon is a character I want other people to have the fun of knowing. Marus, the heroic fairy who rescued Lina Thimble and dares to put a dwarf in captivity is dear to my heart. So far only dear friends know these characters. I found myself re-choosing to work on finding a way to share these characters with a larger audience. The re-commitment to my writing felt right and good. I still have more ideas and projects than I know what to do with. I still have pressures to deal with. But the pictures I saw that came in answer to my questions about what to do were a spark of magic for me. Those characters are my attempt to get my ideas out there, as well as this blog. I will find it easier to write of them now that I have better pictures of them in mind. Perhaps you can "look into" re-committing to one of your special projects by letting it go, then seeing if it comes home to you. May the spark of magic be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment