My magic castle

My magic castle

Sunday, May 16, 2010

The Magic Of Suspending Judgment

Today I saw evidence several times of the way some people cannot think things over without going down erratic paths. Their own vulnerabilities were so strong that when each person thought they were being disrespected or things weren't going their way they had to become verbally abusive towards others. Neither person had developed, or were able to use at that moment, the ability to ask themselves if the thought they were thinking was actually true, or if it actually mattered. It was sad to think of each of them on the wet clay slope sliding into the abyss of rage and blocked communication. I hope that sometime in their life they are able to heed the admonition of "don't even go there." Being aware of the quick conclusions these people made had an effect on me. I resolved to work harder to train myself to do more than ask if my thoughts were true but to also ask if my thoughts were empowering.
I have been reading a lot lately about research into positive attitudes and the way people can change their life for the better. The very idea of empowerment sounds like magic. The spark is there for me to grab and use the energy to find a happy world. I don't know what I can do but I bet it is more than I have done. The way to find the truth of that is to try. May the spark of magic bring empowerment to us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment